These Vanilla cake truffles are so delicious, and easy to make. Made with leftover cake, filled with yema frosting and coated with cake crumbs. You can make a vanilla cake from scratch especially for this recipe or use leftover cake. If you are using leftover cake, scrape off any frosting and just use the cake.
Vanilla Cake Truffles with Yema Frosting Filling Recipe
Ingredients and procedure:
- 200 g Vanilla sponge cake (for the crumbs)
- 350 g Vanilla sponge cake
- 60 ml Heavy/Thickened/Whipping/All purpose cream
- 30 g Condensed Milk
- Place 200 g vanilla cake into a food processor then pulse until cake turns into crumbs.
- You can use a blender or roughly crumble it using your hands.
- Transfer the crumbs into a bowl and set aside for later use.
- In a small bowl, mix well the cream and condensed milk. Set aside.
- In another bowl, place 350 g vanilla sponge cake and crumle it using your hands. You can also use a processor if you want to.
- Add the cream and condensed milk mixture.
- Mix well. Use a spatula or your hand with glove to combine the mixture well and form into a dough.
- Take or scoop out ball of cake, approximately 1.5 tablespoons, and roll it smooth using your hands.
- Make a hole in the middle of the cake ball using your index finger or thumb.
- Fill it with Yema frosting.
- Add a small amount of cake dough to cover the hole of the cake ball and roll it smooth again.
- Coat it with cake crumbs.
- Do the same way to the rest of the cake dough.
- Place each one of the cake truffles into a paper baking cups or cupcake liners.
- Chill in the refrigerator for atleast 20 minutes.
- Your vanilla cake truffles are ready to serve.
WHOLE EGG YEMA FROSTING RECIPE
HOMEMADE INSTANT CONDENSED MILK RECIPE