This tiramisu cake is made of a vanilla chiffon cake soaked with coffee syrup, topped with whipped cream and cream cheese frosting, and dusted with cocoa powder. Just like classic tiramisu but in a cake form!
– Tiramisu Chiffon Cake –
Ingredients for Chiffon Cake:
- 3/4 cup Cake flour
- 1 1/2 tsps Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 4 large Egg yolks
- 4 large Egg whites
- 1/3 cup Granulated white sugar
- 1/4 cup Oil
- 1/3 cup Fresh or Evaporated milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tbsp Vinegar or Lemon juice
- 1/3 cup Granulated white sugar (for the meringue)
Cream Cheese Frosting Ingredients:
- 1 1/4 cups Heavy | Whipping cream, very cold
- 100 to 200 grams Cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup Granulated white Sugar
Coffee Syrup & Topping Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup Boiling hot water
- 2 tbsps Granulated white Sugar
- 2 tsps Coffee instant graules or 1 tsp instant Coffee powder
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder for dusting the finished cake
Whipped Cream (for the Decoration) Ingredients:
- 3/4 cup Whipping cream
- 2 tbsps Granulated white Sugar
Instructions for Sponge Cake:
- In a bowl, beat the egg yolks.
- Add the milk, oil, vanilla extract, and sugar. Mix well.
- Place a sifter on the bowl and sift cake flour, baking powder and salt.
- Mix until completely combined and no more lumps. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk egg whites and gradually add the sugar.
- Continue whisking until it reaches stiff peaks.
- Add 1/3 of the meringue into the batter.
- Pour the mixture and fold into the remaining meringue.
- Pour batter into a 7 x 3 inches square pan with a parchment paper on the bottom. You can also use 7 x 4 inches round pan for this cake.
- Bake in a preheated oven 175°C (347°F) for 50 to 60 minutes or more, depending on your oven.
- Once the cake is done, remove it from the oven and let it cool down.
- Once the cake is at room temperature, you can cut it in half to make two cake layers then remove the parchment paper.
Instruction for Coffee Syrup:
- Mix hot water with coffee granules/powder and 2 Tbsp sugar.
- Stil until sugar dissolves.
- Adding rum is optional.
Instructions for Cream cheese Frosting:
- In a separate bowl, beat softened cream cheese and sugar on medium/high speed until smooth and creamy.
- Add the Thickened/heavy/whipping cream and beat on high speed until soft peaks.
- You can beat it longer if you would like it stiff peaks
- Use a spatula to scrape down the bottom and the sides of the bowl.
- Place the frosting in the refrigerator until ready to use.
Instructions for Whipped cream (for the decoration):
- Mix Thickened/heavy/whipping cream and 2 Tbsp sugar.
- Beat/Whip on high speed until stiff peaks.
Assembling the Tiramisu Chiffon Cake:
- Place one of the cakes on a cake stand/platter.
- Brush with coffee syrup over the bottom layer.
- You can also use a spoon to pour syrup on cakes.
- Spread the cream cheese frosting over the first cake layer.
- Top with second cake layer over the frosting and brush the remaining coffee syrup over the second cake layer.
- Spread the remaining frosting over the top and sides of the cake.
- Pipe a rossette or any designs you like all over the top with whipped cream.
- Dust generously with unsweetened coco powder.
- Chill in the refrigerator for atleast 3 hours then your cake is ready to serve.