Learn how to make these Creamy Vanilla & Caramel Custard Frostings. These frostings are easy to make, so creamy and delicious. You can also use Heavy/Thickened/All purpose cream.
Vanilla Custard Frosting Recipe
Ingredients and procedure for Vanilla Custard frosting:
- 2 large whole Eggs
- 1 cup Thickened/heavy/whipping/All purpose cream
- 1/4 cup Granulated white Sugar (optional) You can add more or less
- 250 Condensed Milk
- 1/2 tbsp Vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- In a bowl, mix eggs and condensed milk.
- On medium speed with your hand or stand mixer, beat the egg mixture for about 2 minutes.
- Strain the egg mixture into a saucepan.
- Add the cream, sugar and salt.
- Stir to mix and turn the stove on medium heat.
- Keep stirring till frosting becomes thick. Its up to you if you want your frosting thin or thick.
- Once the frosting has thickened, add the vanilla extract and mix again.
- Remove from heat and let the frosting cool down down completely or use it straight way.
Caramel Custard Frosting Recipe
Ingredients and procedure for Caramel Custard frosting:
- 3 large Egg yolks
- 1/2 cup Fresh or evaporated milk
- 3 tbsps Cornstarch / Corn flour
- 3/4 cup Granulated white sugar
- 1/4 cup Hot water
- 1 cup Fresh or evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup Salted Butter (cold)
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- In a bowl, beat egg yolks.
- Add the milk and mix well.
- Add the cornstarch / corn flour and mix well until you see no more lumps. Set aside.
- Turn the stove on medium-high heat.
- In a saucepan, melt the sugar until it caramelized.
- Once sugar has caramelized, add the hot water and mix well.
- Add the milk, mix and turn the heat down to medium-low
- Add and strain the eggyolk mixture and continue mixing using your spatula.
- Simmer and continue mixing untill frosting has thickened.
- You can simmer it longer if you want your frosting thicker than the one I made.
- Once the frosting is done, remove from the heat and strain immediately.
- Add the cold butter pieces and mix well until butter has completely melted.
- Add the vanilla extract, mix well and let the frosting cool down completely.
OTHER CARAMEL | DULCE DE LECHE RECIPES