Some of the links in this article are "affiliate links", a link with a special tracking code. This means if you click on an affiliate link and purchase the item, we will receive an affiliate commission.
The price of the item is the same whether it is an affiliate link or not. Regardless, we only recommend products or services we believe will add value to our readers.
By using the affiliate links, you are helping support our Website, and we genuinely appreciate your support.
Learn how to make these Creamy Vanilla & Caramel Custard Frostings. These frostings are easy to make, so creamy and delicious. You can also use Heavy/Thickened/All purpose cream.
Vanilla Custard Frosting Recipe
Ingredients and procedure for Vanilla Custard frosting:
- 2 large whole Eggs
- 1 cup Thickened/heavy/whipping/All purpose cream
- 1/4 cup Granulated white Sugar (optional) You can add more or less
- 250 Condensed Milk
- 1/2 tbsp Vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- In a bowl, mix eggs and condensed milk.
- On medium speed with your hand or stand mixer, beat the egg mixture for about 2 minutes.
- Strain the egg mixture into a saucepan.
- Add the cream, sugar and salt.
- Stir to mix and turn the stove on medium heat.
- Keep stirring till frosting becomes thick. Its up to you if you want your frosting thin or thick.
- Once the frosting has thickened, add the vanilla extract and mix again.
- Remove from heat and let the frosting cool down down completely or use it straight way.
Caramel Custard Frosting Recipe
Ingredients and procedure for Caramel Custard frosting:
- 3 large Egg yolks
- 1/2 cup Fresh or evaporated milk
- 3 tbsps Cornstarch / Corn flour
- 3/4 cup Granulated white sugar
- 1/4 cup Hot water
- 1 cup Fresh or evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup Salted Butter (cold)
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- In a bowl, beat egg yolks.
- Add the milk and mix well.
- Add the cornstarch / corn flour and mix well until you see no more lumps. Set aside.
- Turn the stove on medium-high heat.
- In a saucepan, melt the sugar until it caramelized.
- Once sugar has caramelized, add the hot water and mix well.
- Add the milk, mix and turn the heat down to medium-low
- Add and strain the eggyolk mixture and continue mixing using your spatula.
- Simmer and continue mixing untill frosting has thickened.
- You can simmer it longer if you want your frosting thicker than the one I made.
- Once the frosting is done, remove from the heat and strain immediately.
- Add the cold butter pieces and mix well until butter has completely melted.
- Add the vanilla extract, mix well and let the frosting cool down completely.
OTHER CARAMEL | DULCE DE LECHE RECIPES