Learn how to make this creamy & delicious Leche Flan Buttercream easy recipe. This Buttercream is not too sweet but you can add powdered sugar if you want to.
Leche Flan Buttercream Recipe
Ingredients and procedure:
- 300g Salted or Unsalted Butter (soft but cold)
- 200 g Leche flan (cut into cubes)
- In a bowl, beat butter.
- Scrape down the sides and the bottom of the bowl, beat again until soft, light and fluffy.
- Add the leche flan and beat to combine.
- Scrape down the sides and the bottom of the bowl and beat again until smooth and fully incorporated.
- You can also replace half of the amount of the butter with vegetable shortening. This will help buttercream becomes more stable when it is humid.
- If your buttercream has plenty of air pockets, microwave for 5 to 7 seconds. It will help you to remove them and use a spatula to mix.
- The heat in your hands will make buttercream becomes too soft while piping, chill in the refrigerator for atleast 15 minutes before you continue.
- Store in an airtight container and place in the refrigerator for a month or 2 months in the freezer.
- If you live in a cold country like me, microwave buttercream for 7 seconds intervals so it will be easy for you to spread it onto your cake.
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE TO CHECK OUT