Melt in your mouth, soft & fluffy Caramel Chiffon Cake with Creamy Caramel Frosting and Buttercream Recipe.
This cake is so soft, very delicious and you will surely going to love it.
Caramel Chiffon Cake
Ingredients for the chiffon cake:
- 3/4 cup Cake flour
- 1 1/2 tsps Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 4 large Egg yolks
- 4 large Egg whites
- 1/3 cup Granulated white sugar
- 1/4 cup Oil
- 1/3 cup Fresh or Evaporated milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tbsp Vinegar or Lemon juice
- 1/3 cup Granulated white sugar (for the meringue)
Instructions for Chiffon Cake:
- In a bowl, beat the egg yolks.
- Add the milk, oil, vanilla extract, and sugar. Mix well.
- Place a sifter on the bowl and sift cake flour, baking powder and salt.
- Mix until completely combined and no more lumps. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk egg whites and gradually add the sugar.
- Continue whisking until it reaches stiff peaks.
- Add 1/3 of the meringue into the batter.
- Pour the mixture and fold into the remaining meringue.
- Pour batter into a 7 x 3 inches square pan with a parchment paper on the bottom. You can also use 7 x 4 inches round pan for this cake.
- Bake in a preheated oven 175°C (347°F) for 50 to 60 minutes or more, depending on your oven.
- Once the cake is done, take out from the oven and let it cool down.
- Divide cake into two parts and stacked them with a creamy caramel frosting in between of the layers.
- Drizzle or cover the whole cake with creamy caramel frosting.
- Place condensed milk buttercream into a piping bag with a piping nozzle of your choice attached on it to decorate and finish your cake.
Ingredients and procedure for Creamy Caramel frosting:
- 3 large Egg yolks
- 1/2 cup Fresh or evaporated milk
- 3 tbsps Cornstarch / Corn flour
- 3/4 cup Granulated white sugar
- 1/4 cup Hot water
- 1 cup Fresh or evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup Salted Butter (cold)
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- In a bowl, beat egg yolks.
- Add the milk and mix well.
- Add the cornstarch / corn flour and mix well until you see no more lumps. Set aside.
- Turn the stove on medium-high heat.
- In a saucepan, melt the sugar until it caramelized.
- Once sugar has caramelized, add the hot water and mix well.
- Add the milk, mix and turn the heat down to medium-low
- Add and strain the eggyolk mixture and continue mixing using your spatula.
- Simmer and continue mixing untill frosting has thickened.
- You can simmer it longer if you want your frosting thicker than the one I made.
- Once the frosting is done, remove from the heat and strain immediately.
- Add the cold butter pieces and mix well until butter has completely melted.
- Add the vanilla extract, mix well and let the frosting cool down completely.
Ingredients and procedure for Condensed Milk Buttercream:
- 150 g Salted Butter (soft but cold)
- 125 g Condensed milk (chilled)
- In a bowl, beat the soft butter.
- Scrape down the bottom and the sides of the bowl and beat again until creamy, light and fluffy.
- Add the condensed milk and beat for one minute.
- Scrape down the bottom and sides of the bowl and beat again until it reaches stiff peaks, and silky smooth consistency.
Other Recipes You Might Like to Check out