This Homemade Cream Cheese is easiy to make, rich, creamy, and tangy. You can add a tbsps of heavy/whipping cream if you like it more creamy and soft like mascarpone cream cheese.
Homemade Cream Cheese Recipe
- 1 liter Fresh Milk (Full cream)
- 3 tbsps Vinegar/Lemon juice
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp Salt (You can add more or less)
- Pour milk into a pan and turn the stove on medium-high heat.
- Stirring constantly until it starts to a rolling simmer.
- Reduce the heat to medium.
- Add the Vinegar, 1 tablespoon at a time, in 1-minute intervals. Continue stirring constantly.
- Continue cooking until the mixture curdles. Stir constantly until the mixture has separated completely
- Turn the heat off.
- Lay a sieve with cheesecloth over a large bowl.
- Pour the curd mixture into the sieve immediately.
- Transfer curds to a food processor. You can use a blender as well.
- Process until curds have come together and are totally smooth and creamy.
- You can add a tbsps of the liquid (whey) if its too thick or dry.
- Add the salt. You can add more if you like it saltier.
- You can add a tbsps of heavy/whipping cream if you like it more creamy and soft.
- You can use it straight away or place in an airtight jar/container and store in the refrigerator for one week.
OTHER RECIPES WITH CREAM CHEESE YOU MIGHT LIKE TO CHECK OUT