Learn how to make this easy silky smooth no grit Cream Cheese Condensed Milk Buttercream. This recipe is not too sweet but you can add powdered sugar if you want to.
Cream Cheese Condensed Milk Buttercream Recipe
Ingredients and procedure:
- 250 g Salted or Unsalted Butter (room temperature)
- 100 g Cream Cheese (room temperature)
- 180 g Condensed Milk
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese.
- Scrape down the sides and the bottom of the bowl, beat again until soft and creamy. Set aside
- In another bowl, beat butter.
- Scrape down the sides and the bottom of the bowl, beat again until creamy and pale in color.
- Add the beaten cream cheese and beat to combine completely.
- Add the condensed milk and beat until it reaches the smooth and silky consistency.
- You can also replace half of the amount of the butter with vegetable shortening. This will help buttercream becomes more stable when it is humid.
- If your buttercream has plenty of air pockets, microwave for 5 to 7 seconds. It will help you to remove them and use a spatula to mix.
- Store in an airtight container and place in the refrigerator for a month or 2 months in the freezer.
- If you live in a cold country like me, microwave buttercream for 7 seconds intervals so it will be easy for you to spread it onto your cake.
- Use cold condensed milk and softened butter but still cold if you live in a humid country.
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE TO WATCH