Learn how to make this easy 2 Ingredients Caramel Ganache with different consistency Recipe.
If you’re wondering how White Chocolate turned into Caramel:
At its base, white chocolate is little more than milk, cocoa butter, sugar, and vanilla. When exposed to heat, the sugar caramelizes, transforming our plain white chocolate into a molten caramel.
All you need is some good quality white chocolate, the higher the cocoa butter content, the better.
If your chocolate has a low cocoa butter content, it may develop a grainy texture, or not taste as good. I suggest looking for something with at least 30% cocoa butter for this.
Caramel Ganache Recipe
Ingredients and procedure:
- 200 g White Chocolate
- 150 ml Whipping Cream (very cold)
- Microwave chocolate for 20 to 30 seconds intervals.
- Mix until melted and smooth. No need to cool it down.
- The bowl will get hotter and hotter and you will need to use gloves.
- The chocolate may appear dry and crumbly at times, but don’t worry, this is normal. Just keep stirring and it will become smooth and creamy again right before your eyes.
- Keep repeating this process, until the chocolate darkens to your liking.
- Once chocolate has caramelized, you can add a pinch of salt.
- Add the cold whipping cream and mix. This consistency can be used for drip cakes.
- Chill the caramel ganache in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, the ganache becomes thick. This consistency can be used for masking and covering cakes.
- Beat/Whip ganache until stiff peaks. Be careful not to overwhip to avoid it from curdling.
But just incase it happens: –
- Microwave for 5 to 7 seconds and mix.
- Add more whipping cream and slowly whip the mixture until it becomes silky smooth and stiff.
- You can also add 150 to 200 g of butter.
- Whip until pale and creamy then add into the mixture.
- Beat/whip until stiff peaks.
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE TO WATCH