Some of the links in this article are "affiliate links", a link with a special tracking code. This means if you click on an affiliate link and purchase the item, we will receive an affiliate commission.
The price of the item is the same whether it is an affiliate link or not. Regardless, we only recommend products or services we believe will add value to our readers.
By using the affiliate links, you are helping support our Website, and we genuinely appreciate your support.
Learn how to make this easy 2 Ingredients Caramel Ganache with different consistency Recipe.
If you’re wondering how White Chocolate turned into Caramel:
At its base, white chocolate is little more than milk, cocoa butter, sugar, and vanilla. When exposed to heat, the sugar caramelizes, transforming our plain white chocolate into a molten caramel.
All you need is some good quality white chocolate, the higher the cocoa butter content, the better.
If your chocolate has a low cocoa butter content, it may develop a grainy texture, or not taste as good. I suggest looking for something with at least 30% cocoa butter for this.
Caramel Ganache Recipe
Ingredients and procedure:
- 200 g White Chocolate
- 150 ml Whipping Cream (very cold)
- Microwave chocolate for 20 to 30 seconds intervals.
- Mix until melted and smooth. No need to cool it down.
- The bowl will get hotter and hotter and you will need to use gloves.
- The chocolate may appear dry and crumbly at times, but don’t worry, this is normal. Just keep stirring and it will become smooth and creamy again right before your eyes.
- Keep repeating this process, until the chocolate darkens to your liking.
- Once chocolate has caramelized, you can add a pinch of salt.
- Add the cold whipping cream and mix. This consistency can be used for drip cakes.
- Chill the caramel ganache in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, the ganache becomes thick. This consistency can be used for masking and covering cakes.
- Beat/Whip ganache until stiff peaks. Be careful not to overwhip to avoid it from curdling.
But just incase it happens: –
- Microwave for 5 to 7 seconds and mix.
- Add more whipping cream and slowly whip the mixture until it becomes silky smooth and stiff.
- You can also add 150 to 200 g of butter.
- Whip until pale and creamy then add into the mixture.
- Beat/whip until stiff peaks.
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE TO WATCH