This soft and fluffy Chocolate Cream Cake is easy to make and melt in your mouth delicious recipe.
Soft & Fluffy Chocolate Cream Chiffon Cake Recipe
Ingredients for the cake:
- 4 Egg yolks
- 4 Egg whites
- 56 g Cake flour
- 15 g Cocoa powder
- 90 g Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 30 ml Vegetable Oil
- 45 ml Warm Milk + 1/2 tsp Coffee
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Vinegar | Lemon juice
Instructions for Chiffon Cake:
- Sift cake flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt, mix well. Set aside.
- Mix hot or warm milk and coffee. Set aside to cool down.
- In a bowl, mix egg yolks and vegetable oil and whisk until well combined.
- Keep whisking and slowly add the room temperature milk and coffee mixture.
- Add the vanilla extract and the dry ingredients. Mix well and set aside.
- In another bowl, beat egg yolks with vinegar or lemon juice.
- Gradually add the granulated white sugar and keep beating the mixture until stiff peaks.
- Add about 1/3 of the meringue into batter and mix well.
- Pour and fold batter into the remaining meringue. Don’t over mix batter.
- Pour batter into the pan. I’m using 12×8 inches rectangle pan. You can use any size and shape of the pan you like.
- Tap the pan on the counter a few times after filling it with batter to help get rid of air bubbles.
- Bake at preheated oven 150°C (302°F) for 20 to 30 minutes. Time may vary depends to the oven and the size of the cake. You may need less or more time.
- Once the cake is cooked, take it out of the oven.
- Run a knife around the edges of the cake to loosen it from the sides of the baking pan.
- Place a wire rack on top of the cake and baking pan.
- Turn cake over so wire rack is on the bottom.
- Remove the pan and let the cake cool down completely.
Ingredients and procedure for Whipped Cream:
- 1 1/2 cup Chilled All purpose/Whipping Cream
- 2 tbsps Granulated white sugar
- In a bowl, mix cream and sugar until stiff peaks. Set aside in the refrigerator.
Ingredients and procedure for Chocolate Drip:
- 100 g Chocolate
- 1/2 All purpose/Whipping/Thickened/Heavy Cream
- 1 tbsp Granulated White Sugar
- 1 tbsp Cocoa powder
- Use chocolate melts or cut the chocolate bar into small pieces.
- Place chocolate pieces into a microwave safe bowl.
- Add the cream and microwave for 20 seconds intervals until completely melted. You can also do a bain-marie (double boiler) method to melt the chocolates.
- Add the sugar and cocoa powder. Mix well and set aside to cool down completely.
To Assemble the Cake:
- Cut the cake into half.
- Place the 1st layer of cake onto the plate/cake stand.
- Pour some chocolate drip and spread evenly.
- Add the whipped cream and spread evenly.
- Add the second layer of cake.
- Cut off or trim the edges of the cake.
- Add a thick whipped cream, spread evenly on top and sides of the cake.
- You can use a scraper to smooth the top and sides of the cake.
- Slowly pour the chocolate drip and allowing it to dribble over the side.
- Fill the top with the rest of the chocolate and spread evenly.
- Cut the cake into slices. Enjoy!