Some of the links in this article are "affiliate links", a link with a special tracking code. This means if you click on an affiliate link and purchase the item, we will receive an affiliate commission.
The price of the item is the same whether it is an affiliate link or not. Regardless, we only recommend products or services we believe will add value to our readers.
By using the affiliate links, you are helping support our Website, and we genuinely appreciate your support.
This soft and fluffy Chocolate Cream Cake is easy to make and melt in your mouth delicious recipe.
Soft & Fluffy Chocolate Cream Chiffon Cake Recipe
Ingredients for the cake:
- 4 Egg yolks
- 4 Egg whites
- 56 g Cake flour
- 15 g Cocoa powder
- 90 g Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 30 ml Vegetable Oil
- 45 ml Warm Milk + 1/2 tsp Coffee
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Vinegar | Lemon juice
Instructions for Chiffon Cake:
- Sift cake flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt, mix well. Set aside.
- Mix hot or warm milk and coffee. Set aside to cool down.
- In a bowl, mix egg yolks and vegetable oil and whisk until well combined.
- Keep whisking and slowly add the room temperature milk and coffee mixture.
- Add the vanilla extract and the dry ingredients. Mix well and set aside.
- In another bowl, beat egg yolks with vinegar or lemon juice.
- Gradually add the granulated white sugar and keep beating the mixture until stiff peaks.
- Add about 1/3 of the meringue into batter and mix well.
- Pour and fold batter into the remaining meringue. Don’t over mix batter.
- Pour batter into the pan. I’m using 12×8 inches rectangle pan. You can use any size and shape of the pan you like.
- Tap the pan on the counter a few times after filling it with batter to help get rid of air bubbles.
- Bake at preheated oven 150°C (302°F) for 20 to 30 minutes. Time may vary depends to the oven and the size of the cake. You may need less or more time.
- Once the cake is cooked, take it out of the oven.
- Run a knife around the edges of the cake to loosen it from the sides of the baking pan.
- Place a wire rack on top of the cake and baking pan.
- Turn cake over so wire rack is on the bottom.
- Remove the pan and let the cake cool down completely.
Ingredients and procedure for Whipped Cream:
- 1 1/2 cup Chilled All purpose/Whipping Cream
- 2 tbsps Granulated white sugar
- In a bowl, mix cream and sugar until stiff peaks. Set aside in the refrigerator.
Ingredients and procedure for Chocolate Drip:
- 100 g Chocolate
- 1/2 All purpose/Whipping/Thickened/Heavy Cream
- 1 tbsp Granulated White Sugar
- 1 tbsp Cocoa powder
- Use chocolate melts or cut the chocolate bar into small pieces.
- Place chocolate pieces into a microwave safe bowl.
- Add the cream and microwave for 20 seconds intervals until completely melted. You can also do a bain-marie (double boiler) method to melt the chocolates.
- Add the sugar and cocoa powder. Mix well and set aside to cool down completely.
To Assemble the Cake:
- Cut the cake into half.
- Place the 1st layer of cake onto the plate/cake stand.
- Pour some chocolate drip and spread evenly.
- Add the whipped cream and spread evenly.
- Add the second layer of cake.
- Cut off or trim the edges of the cake.
- Add a thick whipped cream, spread evenly on top and sides of the cake.
- You can use a scraper to smooth the top and sides of the cake.
- Slowly pour the chocolate drip and allowing it to dribble over the side.
- Fill the top with the rest of the chocolate and spread evenly.
- Cut the cake into slices. Enjoy!