Some of the links in this article are "affiliate links", a link with a special tracking code. This means if you click on an affiliate link and purchase the item, we will receive an affiliate commission.
The price of the item is the same whether it is an affiliate link or not. Regardless, we only recommend products or services we believe will add value to our readers.
By using the affiliate links, you are helping support our Website, and we genuinely appreciate your support.
This soft and fluffy low carb cake with coconut flour is easy to make and the perfect low carb dessert for birthdays, parties or any time you’re craving for chocolate cake.
Low Carb Soft & Fluffy Chocolate Cake
Ingredients for the cake:
- 90 g Coconut flour
- 8 Egg yolks
- 8 Egg whites
- 25 g Coco powder
- 135 g Granulated white sugar
- 3/4 tsp Baking soda
- 1 tbsp Vinegar/lemon juice
- 60 ml Vegetable oil
- 100 ml Hot milk
- 1/2 to 1 tsp Coffee
- 1 tbsp Vanilla extract
- 1/4 Salt
Instructions for Chiffon Cake:
- Sift coconut flour, add baking soda and mix well. Set aside.
- In a bowl, mix hot milk and coffee. Set aside.
- In another bowl, beat egg yolks and add the vanilla extract, salt and vegetable oil. Mix well.
- Pour the warm coffee mixture slowly while whisking the egg mixture.
- Sift coco powder into the egg and coffee mixture and whisk again to combine.
- Gradually add the coconut flour and mix well. The mixture will be very thick. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk egg whites and add a tbsp of vinegar or lemon juice.
- Gradually add the sugar when egg whites becomes bubbly.
- Keep whisking until it reaches stiff peaks.
- Add about 1/3 of the meringue into batter and mix well.
- Pour and fold batter into the remaining meringue. Don’t over mix batter.
- Pour batter into the pan. I’m using 12×8 inches rectangle pan. You can use any size and shape of the pan you like.
- Tap the pan on the counter a few times after filling it with batter to help get rid of air bubbles.
- Prepare the hot water bath and bake the cake at preheated oven 175°C (347°F) for 40 minutes. Time may vary depends to the oven and the size of the cake. You may need less or more time.
- Once the cake is cooked, take it out of the oven and tap the pan again on the counter a few times.
- Run a knife around the edges of the cake to loosen it from the sides of the baking pan.
- Place a wire rack on top of the cake and baking pan.
- Turn cake over so wire rack is on the bottom.
- Remove pan and the parchment paper.
- Let the cake cool down.
Ingredients and procedure for Chocolate Cream Cheese frosting:
- 550 g Cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1/2 cup Icing/powdered sugar
- 300 g Dark chocolate Bar/melts
- Use chocolate melts or cut the chocolate bar into small pieces.
- Place chocolate pieces into a microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave for 20 seconds intervals until completely melted. You can also do a bain-marie (double boiler) method to melt the chocolates. Set aside while preparing the cream cheese mixture.
- In a bowl, combine cream cheese and icing/powdered sugar.
- Beat until light and creamy.
- Add the melted chocolate and beat again.
- Microwave for 20 seconds or more until cream cheese frosting is easy to mix, soft and spreadable.
To Assemble the Cake:
- Cut the cake into half.
- Place the 1st layer of cake on the plate/cake stand.
- Add the cream cheese frosting and spread evenly.
- Add the second layer of cake.
- Add a thick cream cheese frosting, spread evenly and use the tip of your spatula to create a spike design onto the top of the sandwiched cake.
- Cut the sides of the cake so it will look neat.
- Cut the cake into square slices. Enjoy!
RECIPE YOU MIGHT LIKE TO WATCH