Marshmallows fondant is quicker, easier to make and tastes good. Basically all you need to do is melt down the marshmallows, then add a little water and powdered sugar to get it to the right consistency. Adding other special ingredients will help to keep the Marshmallow fondant pliable.
Marshmallow Fondant Recipe
Ingredients & Procedure:
- 125 g mini Marshmallows
- 400 g Icing/powdered sugar
- 2 tsp CMC/Tylose powder
- 1/2 tbsp Water
- 1 tbsp Vegetable shortening
- 1/2 tsp Corn syrup
- 1/2 tsp Glycerine
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- Sift Icing/powdered sugar.
- Add CMC/Tylose powder and mix well. Set aside.
- Grease the microwave safe bowl and the spatula with vegetable shortening.
- Pour marshmallows into the bowl, add water and microwave for 30 seconds intervals ’till mixture completely melted.
- Take the bowl out the microwave, add the corn syrup, glycerine, vanilla extract and mix well.
- Gradually add the icing/powdered sugar into the marshmallow mixture.
- Be sure to grease your hands well with vegetable shortening before you start kneading the mixture in the bowl.
- Use a fondant mat or a silicone mat (or grease your countertop) to transfer and continue working with fondant.
- Add the rest of the icing/powdered sugar and keep kneading ’till it is all incorporated into the mixture.
- Microwave for 15 secs and keep kneading ’till it is soft and smooth.
- Fondant is ready to use when it is elastic/stretchy.
For future Use:
- Shape fondant into a ball and coat it with vegetable shortening.
- Wrap with cling wrap and place into ziplock bag/container.
- Store at room temperature in a cool dark place where it will be keep for one month or 3 months in the fridge(refrigerator).
- If stored in the fridge(refrigerator), thaw fondant to room temperature.
- Microwave for 10 to 15 seconds and knead ’till smooth.