Enjoy this mouth watering no bake eggless chocolate cake with the creamy chocolate frosting. It is delicious and you can’t even taste the difference with the chocolate with egg.
No Bake Eggless Moist Chocolate Cake
Ingredients for the cake (US cup):
- 1 cup or 140 g All purpose flour
- 3/4 cup or 150 g Granulated white sugar
- 2 1/2 tbsp Coco powder
- 3/4 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup or 120 ml Fresh milk or evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup or 60 ml vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp Vinegar or lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp boiling hot water + 1/2 to 1 tsp Coffee
Instruction for the cake:
- In a bowl, sift all the dry ingredients: all purpose flour, granulated white sugar, coco powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Mix well and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix boiling hot water and coffee. Set aside
- In another bowl, place all the wet ingredients: fresh milk or evaporated milk, vegetable oil, hot water and coffee mixture, vinegar or lemon juice, and vanilla extract.
- Pour the liquids into the dry ingredients mixture and mix slowly with a spatula or a hand whisker.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. I’m using a 6 inches swirl silicone mold. You can use any size or shape of a pan you like.
- On medium-high heat, steam the cake for 60 minutes, less or more. Time may vary depends to the size of the pan.
- Cover the lid of the steamer with clean towel to absorb the condensation of the water.
- Leave the lid open a little bit.
- After 60 minutes, check the cake by inserting a toothpick/stick. The cake is cooked if the stick came out clean.
- Remove the cake from the steamer and let it cool down.
Ingredients for the Creamy Chocolate Frosting (US cup):
- 40 g salted/unsalted Butter
- 1 tbsp All purpose flour
- 1/4 cup or 25 g Coco powder
- 250 ml Evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup or 100 g granulated white Sugar
Instruction for the Creamy Chocolate Frosting:
- Melt butter in a pan on medium heat.
- Add the all purpose flour, mix well and break up the lumps.
- Add the coco powder, mix well and break up the lumps.
- Add the evaporated milk, granulated white sugar and mix well.
- Keep stirring till frosting becomes thick then turn the heat off.
- Transfer the frosting into a bowl. It becomes thicker once it cooled down a bit.
- Pour frosting over the cake.
- Cut a slice of cake and enjoy!