This frosting is a traditional frosting choice for red velvet cakes, carrot cakes, and is also a popular choice for cupcakes.
Cream cheese frosting can be used to frost the outside of a cake, or as a filling between the layers of a cake.
– Easy Cream Cheese Frosting –
- 1 cup Thickened/heavy/whipping cream
- 250 grams Condensed milk
- 250 grams Cream cheese
- In a bowl, whisk the cold thickened cream till firm but avoid to overmix it then set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk the mascarpone or cream cheese till soft and creamy then add the condensed milk and keep whisking till well combined.
- Add the whipped cream to the cream and condensed milk mixture and whisk for few seconds.
- Scrape the bottom and the sides of the bowl and whisk again till you see it thickening up.
- Always remember that if you whisk it too long, you could break it down and it could separate or become runny.