Some of the links in this article are "affiliate links", a link with a special tracking code. This means if you click on an affiliate link and purchase the item, we will receive an affiliate commission.
The price of the item is the same whether it is an affiliate link or not. Regardless, we only recommend products or services we believe will add value to our readers.
By using the affiliate links, you are helping support our Website, and we genuinely appreciate your support.
Ganache is a glaze, sauce, or filling for pastries made from chocolate and cream.
This Dark Chocolate Ganache can be use under Fondant. Once it sets, it holds the shape and form of the cake so the heavy fondant doesn’t weight it down the way Buttercream squishes out the bottom. This Ganache was made semi-sweet but you can add Sugar according to how sweet you like it. Enjoy!
– Dark Chocolate Ganache –
- 350 grams Dark chocolate melts
- 200 ml Thickened/heavy/whipping cream
- 80 grams Butter
- In a saucepan, place the cream and turn the heat on medium flame.
- Once the cream is at boiling point, turn the heat on low flame and add the butter pieces.
- Whisk or stir the mixture till the butter is melted. Add the chocolate melts and keep whisking till well combined.
- Allow to sit at room temperature to cool down and place in an airtight container and store in the fridge.
- The Ganache becomes hard but you can reheat and soften it in the microwave or with a double boiler.