Steamed Eggless Chocolate Lava Cake
- 115 grams Cake flour
- 1/4 cup Coco powder
- 3/4 cup Icing/powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/4 tsp Baking soda
- 80 grams Condensed milk
- 1/4 cup Vegetable oil
Ingredients for Buttermilk:
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tbsp White vinegar
Instruction for Homemade Buttermilk:
- Mix milk with vinegar, stir and let it set for at least 10 minutes.
Instructions for Lava Cake:
- In a bowl, mix and sift all the dry ingredients: flour, coco powder, icing sugar, baking powder and baking soda.
- In another bowl, combine and whisk condensed milk and oil till they are well blended.
- Add the buttermilk and mix them well. Gradually add the dry mixture into the wet mixture and mix them well.
- Prepare the preferred bowl you want to use to steam the cake.
- Brush with oil and coat the bottom and the sides with coco powder.
- Fill the bowl half way with batter.
- Put some hard ganache or any chocolate pieces in the center.
- Cover the top with more batter and give it a shake so the top flattens.
- Steam for 10 to 20 minutes with paper or tea towel on top of the bowl to absorb the condensation of the water.
- Once cooked, remove the cake from the steamer and let it cool down but you can also serve it while still warm.
- Run a knife to the sides of the bowl and flip the cake on a plate.
- Dust it with icing sugar and add some fresh fruits or ice cream to decorate it.