Some of the links in this article are "affiliate links", a link with a special tracking code. This means if you click on an affiliate link and purchase the item, we will receive an affiliate commission.
The price of the item is the same whether it is an affiliate link or not. Regardless, we only recommend products or services we believe will add value to our readers.
By using the affiliate links, you are helping support our Website, and we genuinely appreciate your support.
This chocolate cake recipe is easy and simple to make and tastes delicious. I suggest to use a good quality cocoa powder because the cocoa powder you use will have an impact to the flavor of the cake. Adding coffee to the cake is optional but it enhances the chocolate flavor on it.
Moist Chocolate Cake Recipe
Ingredients for the Cake (US cup):
- 1 cup or 140 g Cake flour
- 1 cup or 200 g white Sugar
- 1/3 cup or 35 g coco powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 2 large Eggs
- 1/2 cup or 120 ml Fresh milk
- 1/4 cup or 60 ml Vegetable oil
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup or 120 ml cup Boiling water
- 1/2 to 1 tsp Instant coffee
- 1 tbsp. Vinegar or lemon juice
Ingredients (US cup) and Procedure for Creamy Chocolate Frosting:
- 250 ml Evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup or 100 g white Sugar
- 1/4 cup or 25 g Coco powder
- 1 tbsp. All purpose flour
- 40 g salted/unsalted Butter
- In a pan on low heat, mix the evaporated milk, sugar, coco powder, and flour.
- Keep mixing till well combined and thick.
- Add the Butter and mix well.
- Set aside to cool down.
Instructions for the Cake:
- In a bowl, combine and sift all the following dry ingredients : cake flour, sugar, cocoa powder, salt, baking powder, baking soda.
- Add the eggs, fresh milk, vegetable oil, vanilla extract and mix well with a hand mixer.
- In a separate bowl, mix boiling hot water with 1/2 to 1 tsp instant coffee.
- Add the boiling hot coffee into the mixture and keep mixing till everything is well combined.
- Make sure to scrape down the bottom and the sides of the bowl.
- Add 1 tbsp. of Vinegar and mix them well.
- Prepare the preferred pan with baking paper and pour the mixture. I’m using 12×8″ rectangle pan but you can use any size or shape of the pan you like.
- Bake in a preheated oven 350°F (175°C) for 40 minutes. Times might change depending on your oven and the size of the cake.
- Insert a toothpick into the center of the cake. If there is wet batter still on the toothpick, it needs more time in the oven. If it comes out clean, then the cake is done.
- Once the cake is out of the oven, let it cool down for 20 minutes and get the cake out of the pan.
- Divide them into 4 parts and stacked them with a creamy chocolate frosting in between of each layer to make a 4 layers of cake.
- Drizzle or cover the whole cake with creamy chocolate frosting to finish.