Buttercream is a type of icing or filling used either inside cakes, as a coating, or as decoration. This is stable buttercream and holds up to heat the longest.
– Heat Stable White Chocolate Buttercream –
Ingredients for the meringue mixture:
- 3 large Egg whites
- 100 gams White sugar
- 75 grams Butter
- 75 grams Vegetable shortening
Ingredients for the white chocolate mixture:
- 150 grams White chocolate
- 35 grams Thickened/heavy/whi[pping cream
Instructions for the meringue:
- Prepare a simmering water for a double boiler method.
- Combine the egg whites and sugar.
- Whisk continuously till the mixture reaches 70°C with a candy thermometer.
- If you don’t use thermometer like me, just make sure the sugar is completely dissolved in the egg whites.
- Remove from the heat and whisk till it reaches stiff peaks.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the butter till fluffy then add the shortening and keep whisking till the mixture becomes light in color and creamy.
- Combine the butter and shortening mixture with the meringue.
Instructions for the white chocolate:
- Combine the cream and chocolate in a bowl and heat up in the microwave for 30 seconds and mix well.
- You can also do the double boiler method to melt the chocolate.
Instructions for the White chocolate buttercream:
- Add about 1/3 of the meringue to the chocolate mixture and mix them well.
- Pour the mixture to the remaining meringue and mix them well again, then your buttercream is ready.
- If you live in a very humid area, replace the butter with vegetable shortening.
- In the fridge, in a sealed container, buttercream can be stored for up to two weeks and up to two months in the freezer.
- Buttercream becomes hard from the fridge, so let it sit at room temperature and whisk it till becomes smooth again.