Some of the links in this article are "affiliate links", a link with a special tracking code. This means if you click on an affiliate link and purchase the item, we will receive an affiliate commission.
The price of the item is the same whether it is an affiliate link or not. Regardless, we only recommend products or services we believe will add value to our readers.
By using the affiliate links, you are helping support our Website, and we genuinely appreciate your support.
Leche Flan is a dessert made-up of eggs and milk with a soft caramel on top. It resembles crème caramel and caramel custard. This easy to make custard is slowly baked in a water bath and chilled overnight before eating. This Leche flan becomes more tasty and more creamy after 3 days sitting in the fridge.
Whole Egg Leche Flan with Orange Zest
- 5 pcs large Eggs
- 1 can or 397 grams Condensed milk
- 1 can or 385 ml Evaporated milk
- 400 grams Fresh milk
- 150 grams White sugar
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 pc Orange zest
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 cup White sugar for the caramel
For the Caramel:
- Place the sugar in a saucepan and start to heat it on a medium flame.
- Other people said “don’t stir the caramel to avoid crystallization” but I always liked to stir my caramel, and this is optional if you follow this step or you just let your sugar to boil and melt without stirring it.
- Once caramelized, quickly remove the saucepan from heat and pour into the prepared pan.
- Let the caramel cool down and set before you start to pour the custard mixture.
For the Custard:
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients except the 1 cup of sugar.
- You can use a blender or a food processor to blend and smooth the custard mixture.
- Pour the custard mixture once the caramel cooled down in the pan .
- Place the pan in a water bath and bake in a preheated oven 180°C for 60 to 90 minutes.
- Time may vary depending on your oven.
- Once the flan is cooked, remove from the oven.
- Remove from the water bath and let it cool down.
- Let the leche flan set in the fridge for at least a couple of hours or overnight before unmolding.
- Run a knife all around the edge, flip over to unmold onto a plate and let the syrup drizzle all over the flan. Enjoy!
- For Steaming: Cover the flan with aluminium foil and steam in lowest heat.
- Steaming time may vary depending on the size of the pan.
- Do a toothpick test to know if its cooked.
- Let the leche flan set for atleast 5 hours in the fridge before you serve it.
- Leche flan will be more creamy and tasty after two days in the fridge.